Work Plan 2018 & Beyond
To spearhead a sustainable revitalization with profitability for all the commercial zones in Bergenfield; in strong alliance with its civic and community leaders, commercial building owners, and retailers/businesses; as well as partnering with the Borough and all departments via the governing body.
Visual / Capital Improvement
- Cleanliness – Weeds/Clean-up, Enforcement
- Commercial Garbage Program
- Streetscape Elements-Transform/Improve the sidewalks (fix), partner
- Signage/Facades – Create New Ordinance
- Sign/Awning Grants programs to encourage new
- Parking – enforcement
- Improve alleyways
- Business clearing house – one stop shop for new business and info
- Business Recruitment and Retention Plan – Set up real estate vacancy opportunities
- Zoning/Licensing/Code Enforcement – Review and recommend revisions, be active with code enforcement – Restaurant outdoor seating
- Web Site/Facebook/Social Media to promote District and Businesses
- Banner Program/Holiday Decorations
- Theme/Branding/Public Relations –promote accomplishments
- Communication/coordination – Midterm reports to Council
- Retail Promotions – Create programs that drive consumers into retailers
- Events – Holiday/Seasonal – Partner with Borough on event, such as Halloween +++
We worked hard to promote Bergenfield business this past year. See a summary of our highlights.
Innovative Retail Programs:
Summer Sticker Search
50 participating businesses enjoyed visits from several thousand potential customers.
Halloween Trunk or Treat
Over 2000 people participated in partnership with the Borough recreation department and the public schools. A video was created for future promotions of events.
30 participating eating establishments offering $5 menu items received excellent reviews from both participants and consumers, with many new people experiencing new food.
Over 50 participating businesses offering a variety of discounts and shopping options generated new consumer foot traffic and reached over 4000 people on Facebook.
Social Media/Public Relations/Marketing Updates
- New presence on Facebook and Instagram
- New creative content and designs for posts
- New data analysis
- Creation of press releases and media advisories for all news, events and updates
- Local media outreach for features and posts
- New email campaigns for marketing and stakeholder communications
Additional Upgrades to Existing Programs
- Resident survey to collect data for future retail attraction and promotions
- Upgrade to cleaning services
- Increased Banner Program– My Town Hero’s Partnership